[NEW!] Hiring in SHIBUYA!
Updated: May 16, 2016
Cafe Company Inc. is a cafe/restaurant operator in Tokyo.
We have 100 locations in Japan (mainly Tokyo, a few in Osaka & Kyoto) and 4 in Hong Kong.
We have multi-brand approach and each cafe/restaurant we create takes into account the personality of the neighborhood and surrounding community. Our locations reflect the latest trends in Tokyo street fashion, music, art, and modern/traditional Japanese culture.
About WIRED TOKYO 1999 @ Shibuya Crossing
Our signature cafe series WIRED CAFE first opened in 1999 in the Shibuya area. Our largest and newest location, WIRED TOKYO 1999 is an evolution from a small cafe to an upscale yet casual restaurant. Located within the TSUTAYA BOOK STORE in the Q-Front building – the building with the big display screen and Starbucks on the 2nd floor overlooking Shibuya Crossing – guests can come and enjoy a simple cup of coffee or have a steak & pizzas with friends over a bottle of wine.
We are now looking for kitchen staff / line cooks at this location.
– Kitchen Staff
*We have other server or kitchen positions in Shibuya as well. Please inquire for details.
– Open Hours: 10:00 – 26:00 (Shift hours & days to be discussed)
– Wage: 1000 yen/hour + 500 yen/day for transportation
* Wage during training period is 910 yen/hour.
** Wage goes up 25% after 22:00.
Required Japanese Ability
– Must have high conversational ability.
Most of all, you should be studying Japanese and have a strong desire to improve it.
– Must have a valid student, working holiday, spousal, or other working visa,
– be currently living in the Tokyo area,
– have at least 1 year left on your visa/stay in Japan,
– be outgoing, with a friendly personality, and want to try working in the service industry.
– Previous industry experience is preferred, but not required.
How to apply?
By email, send us your:
-CV (w/headshot picture) in PDF or Word in English and/or Japanese.
Also let us know:
– your visa type &
– your duration in Japan,
– your motivation for working in a restaurant in Tokyo,
– which location in particular, if any, you are applying for.
Updated Nov. 20, 2017: Now all applications will be taken through our main corporate site at: www.cafecompany.com/recruit/
Please check other information on this site for possible jobs with us as:
Paid, open to any one, must commit to work at least 6 – 12 months, speak conversational Japanese.
Unpaid, open to students in a Japanese university and graduating in 2016 or 2017, commit to work 2 months, speak conversational Japanese.
– Full-time 正社員・新卒採用
New grads looking for full-time employee work w/ visa sponsorship here in Japan.