LA Tea Shop “Alfred Tea” in Tokyo! – Part Time Jobs
Updated Oct. 18, 2017.
About Alfred Tea
Born on the charming and tree-lined streets of Melrose Place just a few doors down from the original Alfred Coffee location, Alfred Tea Room is a popular one-stop shop for all things tea – for locals, bloggers and celebrities alike. Known for both its “Insta-worthy” aesthetic as well as its supreme commitment to quality, this pink and brass-laden hangout offers favorites including ceremonial matcha lattes, a full line of house made milk teas (don’t forget to add boba!), our signature Alfred Pink Drink, as well as a large selection of fine teas sourced from around the globe. As Alfred Tea Room’s now famous neon slogan “Tea, Yes. You, Maybe.” Proves, tea is no longer just a beverage – it’s officially a lifestyle.
Now, Cafe Company Inc., a Tokyo-based cafe & restaurant operator, will bring Alfred Tea from LA to Tokyo. Two locations will open simultaneously in Omotesando and in Shinjuku on Oct 31. We are now looking for bilingual international staff to work part-time here! Students and those with no experience are welcome!
More info on our press release: www.cafecompany.com/news/
About the company
Cafe Company Inc. is a cafe/restaurant operator in Tokyo. We have 100 locations in Japan (mainly Tokyo, a few in Osaka & Kyoto) and 3 in Hong Kong.
We have multi-brand approach and each cafe/restaurant we create takes into account the personality of the neighborhood and surrounding community. Our locations reflect the latest trends in Tokyo street fashion, music, art, and modern/traditional Japanese culture.
– Tea Baristas, Servers (conversational Japanese required)
– Shift hours & days to be discussed
– Wage 1,000 yen/hour + 500 yen/day for transportation.
(wage during training period is 960 yen/hour.)
– Interviews starting at the end of Sept. 2017.
– Training and Paid work to start in mid-Oct. 2017.
– Grand opening for both locations on Oct. 31, 2017.
– Must: have conversational Japanese ability
– Must: have a valid student, working holiday, spousal, or other working visa
– Must: be currently living in the Tokyo area
– Must: have at least 1 year left on your visa/stay in Japan
– Must: be able to work at least 28 hours / week
– Must: be outgoing, with a friendly personality, and want to try working in the service industry.
– Prefer: Previous industry experience is preferred, but not required.
How to apply?
By email, send us your:
1) CV (w/headshot picture) in PDF or Word in English and/or Japanese.
In your email, also let us know:
2) your visa type & its validity period
3) how long you have been in Japan
4) how you have studied the Japanese language
5) your current level of Japanese (speaking & reading)
6) your school schedule, or what days & times you would be available for work.
7) your motivation for working in a cafe in Tokyo.
Email the above to: email@example.com.
Please check other information on this site for possible jobs with us as:
Paid, open to anyone in Japan, must commit to work at least 6 – 12 months, speak conversational Japanese.
Paid or Unpaid, open to students in a Japanese school and who are thinking of joining us full-time after graduation.
– Full-time 正社員・新卒採用
New grads looking for full-time employee work w/ visa sponsorship here in Japan.